“Dance Your Heart Out”
Soaring Spirit Dance
Spring 2018 Dance Recital
- Sunday, June 10th at 4pm
- Lincoln Glen Church (in the Gymnasium)
- 2700 Booksin Avenue
- San Jose, CA 95125
- Arrive at 1:45pm dressed in first costume, with hair and makeup (optional) done.
- Rehearsal will start promptly at 2pm.
- Please send child with a snack, water, and a button-shirt or zip up sweater they can wear over their costume during their snack break.
- All students, must wear hair in a ballet bun w/ a hair net.
to register. NO REGISTRATIONS will be accepted after Monday, May 14th.
Soaring Spirit Dance will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018 in observance of Memorial Day
, in honor of all the brave men and women who have served their country with dignity, honor, and sacrifice for the liberties and freedom we enjoy.
Please note the studio will be closed from Christmas Eve (Sun, Dec 24) through New Years (Mon, Jan 1). Group Classes will resume Tuesday, January 2.
How important is it for my child to wear the proper dance attire?
- Proper dance attire enables the teacher to see the dancers’ positions and movement in order to give necessary corrections for the benefit of the dancer’s education.
- It establishes professionalism in the studio and helps your child understand that they are coming to structured class, as opposed to unstructured playtime.
- It reflects the seriousness of the training they are about to receive.It is safer for your dancer as sometimes improper attire can become a slipping hazard.
- It ensures that their clothing will not be a distraction to themselves or others in class.
- By wearing a leotard, your dancer no longer has to worry about their midriff showing when dancing or lifting their arms.
- A dress code also teaches discipline, which is important in an art as demanding as dance.
Street clothes such as jeans, pajamas or baggy shirts may NOT be worn in dance classes.
Students who do not follow the dance dress code may be asked to sit out of class at the discretion of the instructor.
If you are unsure what the dress requirements/guidelines are for your child’s specific class, please check our page on “what to wear to class.
Hello Soaring Spirit Parents,
Please note the studio will be closed on Thanksgiving Day (Thurs, 11/23) and the day after (Friday, 11/24).
Classes will resume Saturday, 11/25.
In celebration of the autumn season, we will be having a come in costume week from Monday, October 30 – Saturday, November 4. Students will be allowed to share their fun costumes and bring a friend to any age-appropriate dance class for FREE!
Please make sure your child’s costume is something they can dance in safely, without tripping. Please no masks or scary costumes.
We are now open for fall registrations. Just click on the “Enroll” button on the classes of choice, and reach out to us if you have any questions about the process.
Download this schedule
||Click the PDF image to download our Fall Schedule, as seen below, and then you can register through the parent portal. As always, please contact us if you need assistance. We are here to help however we can.
Soaring Spirit Dance is closed for Independence Day. We wish your family a safe and enjoyable celebration as we honor our Founding Fathers for their bravery in declaring liberty from tyranny.
Based on the feedback we received in our Summer Break Survey
, our director has decided that it would best serve the needs of most families if dance classes continued through June, followed by a break on July 1 until classes resume on August 14. Hopefully that will work for most of you, and you are welcome to make an additional hold on your account to accommodate your schedule. Just send us a note
or call our office at (408) 971-SOAR.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your family with caring and quality dance education.
We are happy to announce that Nicole Adams has accepted our invitation to assume Amanda’s leadership position, to give direction and an in-person face to Soaring Spirit Dance. She will be with us full time as of June 2017, and we’re excited to have her take on this new responsibility.