Our current classes are gearing up and working hard for their end of the year dance recital in June! Because our season is very close to its end, we have closed our current classes for new enrollments until the summer session. This will ensure that the currently enrolled students can focus on their choreography, and give you, the new student, the best start to their class instead of trying to jump in at the very end.
The summer schedule will be posted in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out for that schedule!
This year’s dance recital is being held on Sunday, June 2nd, at 3:00pm at Christ the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. Address is 1550 Meridian Ave, San Jose 95125. Admittance is free! Bring your friends and family to see your little dancer!
There will be a short dress rehearsal at 1:30pm, more details about the dress rehearsal will be emailed.
Soaring Spirit Dance Studio will be closed, no classes will be taught and no office staff will be available from Monday, December 24th until Tuesday, January 1st. We will reopen on Wednesday, January 2nd.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! See you in 2019!
“Dance Your Heart Out”
Soaring Spirit Dance
Spring 2018 Dance Recital
- Sunday, June 10th at 4pm
- Lincoln Glen Church (in the Gymnasium)
- 2700 Booksin Avenue
- San Jose, CA 95125
- Arrive at 1:45pm dressed in first costume, with hair and makeup (optional) done.
- Rehearsal will start promptly at 2pm.
- Please send child with a snack, water, and a button-shirt or zip up sweater they can wear over their costume during their snack break.
- All students, must wear hair in a ballet bun w/ a hair net.
to register. NO REGISTRATIONS will be accepted after Monday, May 14th.
Soaring Spirit Dance will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018 in observance of Memorial Day
, in honor of all the brave men and women who have served their country with dignity, honor, and sacrifice for the liberties and freedom we enjoy.
Please note the studio will be closed from Christmas Eve (Sun, Dec 24) through New Years (Mon, Jan 1). Group Classes will resume Tuesday, January 2.
How important is it for my child to wear the proper dance attire?
- Proper dance attire enables the teacher to see the dancers’ positions and movement in order to give necessary corrections for the benefit of the dancer’s education.
- It establishes professionalism in the studio and helps your child understand that they are coming to structured class, as opposed to unstructured playtime.
- It reflects the seriousness of the training they are about to receive.It is safer for your dancer as sometimes improper attire can become a slipping hazard.
- It ensures that their clothing will not be a distraction to themselves or others in class.
- By wearing a leotard, your dancer no longer has to worry about their midriff showing when dancing or lifting their arms.
- A dress code also teaches discipline, which is important in an art as demanding as dance.
Street clothes such as jeans, pajamas or baggy shirts may NOT be worn in dance classes.
Students who do not follow the dance dress code may be asked to sit out of class at the discretion of the instructor.
If you are unsure what the dress requirements/guidelines are for your child’s specific class, please check our page on “what to wear to class.
Hello Soaring Spirit Parents,
Please note the studio will be closed on Thanksgiving Day (Thurs, 11/23) and the day after (Friday, 11/24).
Classes will resume Saturday, 11/25.
In celebration of the autumn season, we will be having a come in costume week from Monday, October 30 – Saturday, November 4. Students will be allowed to share their fun costumes and bring a friend to any age-appropriate dance class for FREE!
Please make sure your child’s costume is something they can dance in safely, without tripping. Please no masks or scary costumes.