How important is it for my child to wear the proper dance attire?
- Proper dance attire enables the teacher to see the dancers’ positions and movement in order to give necessary corrections for the benefit of the dancer’s education.
- It establishes professionalism in the studio and helps your child understand that they are coming to structured class, as opposed to unstructured playtime.
- It reflects the seriousness of the training they are about to receive.It is safer for your dancer as sometimes improper attire can become a slipping hazard.
- It ensures that their clothing will not be a distraction to themselves or others in class.
- By wearing a leotard, your dancer no longer has to worry about their midriff showing when dancing or lifting their arms.
- A dress code also teaches discipline, which is important in an art as demanding as dance.